Roles and Responsibilities
- reviews and approves the total compensation of the CEO and President and the Executive Chairman;
- administers the Company’s deferred compensation plan, the Aerojet Rocketdyne 2019 Equity and Performance Incentive Plan (the “2019 Incentive Plan”) and the Aerojet Rocketdyne 2018 Equity and Performance Incentive Plan (the “2018 Incentive Plan”);
- periodically reviews the organization of the Company and its management, including major changes in the organization of the Company and the responsibility of management as proposed by the CEO and President;
- monitors executive development and succession planning;
- reviews the effectiveness and performance of senior management, and reviews and makes recommendations to the Board concerning the appointment and removal of officers;
- periodically reviews the compensation philosophy, policies and practices of the Company and makes recommendations to the Board concerning proposed major changes, as appropriate;
- annually reviews changes in the Company’s employee benefit, savings and retirement plans and reports thereon to the Board;
- approves, and in some cases recommends to the Board for approval, the compensation of executive officers of the Company, although the Organization & Compensation Committee delegates to the CEO and President the right to establish the salaries and annual incentive compensation of the other officers of the Company; and
- periodically reviews and makes recommendations to the Board regarding the compensation and benefits for Directors.
The Board has determined that each member of the Organization & Compensation Committee meets all applicable independence requirements under the NYSE and the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) listing standards. In making its determination, the Board considered all factors specifically relevant to determining whether a Director has a relationship to the Company which is material to that Director’s ability to be independent from management in connection with the duties of an Organization & Compensation Committee member, including but not limited to, (i) the source of the Director’s compensation, including any consulting, advisory or other compensatory fees paid by the Company; and (ii) whether the Director has an affiliate relationship with the Company.