Roles and Responsibilities
- reviews and evaluates the scope of the audits to be performed by, the adequacy of services performed by, and the fees and compensation of, the independent auditors;
- reviews the Company’s disclosure of the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operation” and annual audited and quarterly financial statements with management and with the Company’s independent auditors and recommends to the Board to include the financial statements in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K or the Company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, as applicable;
- approves in advance all audit and permitted non-audit services to be provided by the independent auditors;
- reviews and considers matters that may have a bearing upon continuing audit or independence; prepares the report of the Audit Committee to be included in the Company’s Proxy Statement;
- appoints and terminates the independent auditors of the Company;
- reviews and evaluates the scope and appropriateness of the Company’s internal audit function, internal audit plans and system of internal controls;
- reviews and evaluates with management and independent auditors their judgment about the Company’s selection or application of accounting principles, practices and financial reporting;
- receives periodic reports from management, legal counsel, the Company’s corporate Ethics and Compliance Office and third parties as determined by the Committee; and
- reviews and oversees the Company’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including the effectiveness of the Company’s corporate Ethics and Compliance Program.
The Audit Committee is a separately designated standing committee established in accordance with Section 3(a)(58)(A) of the Exchange Act. The Board has determined that each member of the Audit Committee meets all applicable independence and financial literacy requirements under the NYSE listing standards. The Board has also determined that Mr. Henderson is an “audit committee financial expert” under the applicable rules
promulgated pursuant to the Exchange Act.